From 19 December till 31 August 2021 inclusively the quarantine has been established on the territory of Ukraine in each of the regions to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease Covid-19 caused by coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
Depending on the epidemic situation on the territory of Ukraine as a whole or on the territory of its regions, a “green”, “yellow”, “orange” or “red” level of epidemic danger of Covid-19 spread are established which introduce appropriate anti-epidemic measures.
From 17 June 2021, the “green” level of epidemic danger has been established throughout whole territory of Ukraine.
In the regions where the “green” level of epidemic danger is established, it is prohibited:
- crossing the state border by foreigners without a negative result of Covid-19 test (polymerase chain reaction test or antigen test) taken not more than 72 hours before crossing the state border, or a document issued in English or translated into English confirming full vaccination from Covid-19, and the existing insurance policythat covers the costs of Covid-19 treatment and observation valid for the period of stay in Ukraine (exceptions:
- foreigners permanently residing in Ukraine;
- employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign states, representations of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families;
- drivers and crew members of commercial vehicles, and buses carrying out regular, irregular and shuttle transportation;
- crew members of sea and river vessels;
- members of train and locomotive crews;
- military personnel (units) of the armed forces of NATO member states involved in the training of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- persons recognized as refugees or persons in need of additional protection);
- foreigners under the age of 12 (they only need an existing insurance policy);
- crossing by foreigners of checkpoints of entry to/exit from the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol without an existing insurance policy covering the costs of Covid-19 treatment valid for the period of stay in Ukraine (exceptions: foreigners permanently residing in Ukraine, employees of representations of official international missions, and organizations accredited in Ukraine);
- being on the streets without identity documents;
- staying in public buildings and facilities, and public transport without wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators or protective masks that cover nose and mouth (except for sitting at a table in food establishments for eating and drinking);
- carriage of the number of passengers in passenger transport in excess of the number of seats;
- holding mass (cultural, sports, entertainment, social, religious, advertising, scientific, educational, professional thematic and other) events without personal protective equipment, including respirators or protective masks that cover nose and mouth worn by all participants and organizers of the event (exception: if all participants and organizers of the event have a negative result of Covid-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours before the event, or documents confirming full vaccination from Covid-19);
- unauthorized leaving of places of self-isolation, observation.
In the regions where the “yellow” level of epidemic danger is established, it is additionally prohibited:
- work of catering facilities from 23:00 to 7:00 (exceptions: delivery and takeaway orders); seating more than 4 adults at one table and when the distance between the tables is less than 1.5 meters (excluding children under 18 years of age);
- holding mass (cultural, sports, entertainment, social, religious, advertising, scientific, educational, professional thematic and other) events with the participation of more than one person on 4 square meters of building or territory (if the event is held outdoors) or if more than two thirds of the seats are taken (exception: measures necessary to ensure the work of state and local authorities, official sports events and matches of team games and sports by professional sports clubs if not more than two thirds of seats are taken);
- visiting educational institutions by its students, when more than 50% of students and staff are in self isolation due to contact with a patient with a confirmed case of Covid-19;
- holding mass events in educational institutions with the participation of students from more than one group (class) and in the presence of visitors;
- visits by unauthorized persons to social security institutions in which certain categories of citizens are located (elderly people, war veterans, persons with disabilities, mental disorders, etc.);
- visiting places of temporary detention, places of temporary stay of foreigners and stateless persons, as well as refugees centres;
- work of cinemas and cultural institutions if more than 50% seats (in a checkerboard pattern) or more than two thirds seats (with one empty row after two filled rows) taken;
- work of gyms and fitness centres, if there is more than one person per 10 square meters which are not able to limit the number of visitors to 1 person per 10 square meters of total area (not more than 4 people on one track for individual lessons).
In the regions where the “red” level of epidemic danger is established, it is additionally prohibited:
- staying in public areas without wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators or protective masks that cover nose and mouth;
- work of accommodation institutions (except for institutions providing social services, including for people with disabilities, and children’s health and recreation facilities);
- work of catering facilities (exceptions: delivery and takeaway orders, facilities at airports, facilities in hotels from 6:00 to 11:00);
- operation of shopping and entertainment centres, other entertainment establishments (exceptions: trade in food products, medicines, hygiene products, household chemicals, communications, financial and postal services);
- regular and irregular transportation of passengers by road, rail and by cable cars (exceptions: transit transport, transportation by car no more than five people excluding children, transportation of passengers by road in international traffic if they have a negative result of COVID-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours before the day of travel);
- carrying out planned hospitalization measures (exceptions: palliative care, assistance to women in labour, new-borns, assistance during childbirth, treatment of cancer patients, highly specialized and emergency medical care);
- operation of markets other than food markets;
- work of cultural institutions and carrying out cultural events (exceptions: work of car cinemas, historical and cultural reserves, production of audiovisual works, including film and video shooting);
- work of gyms, fitness centres, swimming pools (exception for athletes of national teams of Ukraine and their coaches);
- carrying out of all mass (entertainment, sports, social, advertising and other) events (exceptions: official sports events and matches of team games and sports by professional sports clubs without spectators);
- visits to educational institutions by its students, except for preschool education institutions, special educational institutions and students of 1-4 grades of general secondary education institutions.
Additional information on the restrictions introduced by the Government of Ukraine, as well as the requirements for self-isolation, is outlined in the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine* No. 1236 of 9 December 2020 “On the establishment of quarantine and the introduction of restrictive anti-epidemic measures in order to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease Covid-19 in Ukraine caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2”.
* Automatic Google-translation into English