Rules for obtaining visas for entry into Ukraine and transit through its territory are approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine* Nr.118 of 1 March 2017.
To obtain a visa, a foreigner must apply in person to the Visa Section of the Embassy of Ukraine in the Kingdom of Denmark and submit the following documents no earlier than three months before the start of the planned trip:
- passport/travel document;
- completed and signed visa application form;
- one colour photograph, size 35x45 millimetres;
- valid health insurance policy with coverage of expenses of at least €30,000 or equivalent in other currency (holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement);
- proof of sufficient funds for the period of the planned stay in Ukraine and for return to the country of origin or transit to a third country (holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement).
In order to fill out a visa application form, you need to register on the Visa Portal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine at the following address:
In addition, in order to obtain a long-term visa (D), one of the following supporting documents may be required:
- certified copy of the work permit for foreigners;
- copy of the decision on granting an immigration permit issued by the State Migration Service of Ukraine;
- document confirming that the applicant is a family member of person recognized as a refugee in Ukraine or as a person in need of additional protection or who has been granted temporary protection in Ukraine;
- invitation to study (internship) issued by a higher educational institution;
- invitation of a state institution, enterprise, organization that is a recipient of an international technical assistance project;
- invitation of a religious organization for the purpose of preaching religious beliefs, performing religious services or conducting other canonical activities;
- invitation of a branch, office, representative office or other structural unit of a public (non-governmental) organization of a foreign state;
- invitation of a branch, office, representative office of a foreign business entity;
- invitation of a branch or representative office of a foreign bank;
- request of a foreign mass media regarding a visa to a foreign correspondent for the purpose of performing its official duties;
- application of the competent authorities of foreign states or international organizations for visas to employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts, international organizations and their missions, to their private domestic workers, as well as to members of their families;
- invitation of the relevant state body responsible for the implementation of cultural, educational, scientific, sports and volunteering programs;
- document confirming the fact of being married to a citizen of Ukraine;
- document confirming that the applicant is a family member of a foreigner who has a temporary residence permit in Ukraine;
- document(s) confirming that the foreigner is the founder, participant or beneficial owner of the legal entity in Ukraine and the size of its share in the authorized capital of this legal entity is not less than €100,000.
The validity of the visa may not exceed the validity of the passport. In addition, the passport must be valid for at least three months after the declared date of departure from the territory of Ukraine, issued for a period not exceeding 10 years and contain at least two blank pages.
More information on obtaining a visa to enter Ukraine is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine:
* Automatic Google-translation into English